NCPD - CSIS - LMS Spaces - How to Create and Disassociate
Noncredit Professional Development courses or Lifelong Learning (L3) courses cannot be set up directly in Canvas, so an LMS course site must be set up in CSIS. These instructions outline how to do this. For additional reference, see How to Use the LMS Spaces Tab. This document also includes directions for disassociating a LMS Space from a course instance.
Create a LMS Space
1. Log in to CSIS and navigate to the instance of a course. See [Link for document 102218 is unavailable at this time] for details.
2. Go to LMS Spaces, near the top of the left navigation bar in the instance level of a course.
- If connecting to an existing LMS Space
- Select the existing LMS Space using the drop down menu
- Scroll the list to find the correct curriculum number and course title
- If creating a new LMS Space
- Select Create New LMS Space from the drop down menu.
- Add the course curriculum number to the title, and click Submit. An example for a new Online Asynchronous Self-paced LMS Space is shown below.
- NOTE: Do not add a colon or any punctuation between the curriculum number and course title.
- Create New LMS Space from the drop down menu.
- Add the course instance number to the title, and click Submit. An example for an Online Synchronous (Live) with LMS Course/Space is shown below.
- NOTE: Do not add a colon or any punctuation between course instance number and course title.
Disassociate a LMS Space
You can disassociate a LMS space from a course instance in CSIS by clicking the white X shape in the top right corner of the LMS space. Click through the dialog box that appears.