Using CoE document cameras with Zoom (or other recording software) on a CAE computer
Instructions to get the CoE document camera working with collaboration software on a CAE computer.
Web Collaboration Software, USB Microphone and Document Camera Rooms using a CAE computer:
ECB M1051 (CAE Lab)
EH 1249 (CAE Lab)
EH 2261 (CAE Lab)
ME 1255 (CAE Lab)
CAE labs will have the document camera, doc cam software, and microphone all ready installed on the podium computer:
- Log-in to the podium computer using your CAE account.
- In the start menu, find the 'WolfVision - vSolution Link' software in the list of programs.
- Once the software is launched, locate and double click the document camera icon.
- The document camera should turn on automatically, and you will see the live capture window on the computer monitor.
- Once you have the software running, increase the size of the image on your desktop.
- Share your screen, don't use the camera as a default webcam. The goal here is to use the specific document camera software to display the connected document camera in full screen or near full screen. By sharing your screen you will get a higher quality image sent to the participants. If you use the document camera as a webcam, the resolution is reduced, possibly making the document illegible to the participants.
- You also have the option to utilize the table-top microphone located on the podium (NOTE: please stand within 3 ft for optimal audio).
- In the microphone settings of your collaboration software, select the appropriate microphone in the drop-down menu (there are a few brands we have deployed).
Watch this video and follow these steps to share the Wolf document camera.
This software will work with Black Board Collaborate, Webex, Zoom or most web collaboration software:
Contact Engineering Media Services
at (608) 890-3325
if you experience any technical issues.