EPD - eHelp - Technologies - Blackboard Collaborate - Polling
The Blackboard Colalborate Polling feature allows session moderators to poll participants during a web conference session. Users must be moderators in order to use this feature.
A best practice for using the Polling feature is to setup and organize the questions in advance for display in the slides on the whiteboard, but questions can also be presented on-the-fly using the whiteboard tool bar, chat window, or other method.
There are 4 Types of Polling responses that can be created:
- A-E Multiple Choice
- A-C Multiple Choice
- A-D Multiple Choice
Conducting a Poll
1. Place the information to be polled onto the Whiteboard space of the collaborate room.
2. Select the type of poll to conduct. In the Blackboard Collaborate toolbar, select Tools > Polling > Polling Type and the desired poll.
Polling results can be shown only to the Moderators by selecting Tools > Polling > Make Responses Visible. The checkmark disappears to indicate this option has been turned off.
3. Participants respond to the poll by selecting the poll response icon from the participants window and selecting their choice from the drop-down menu.
4. After participants have submitted their response, the moderator has several options:
- Lock Responses (no additional responses made/changed) Tools > Polling > Lock Responses
- Publish Responses to whiteboard as a graph Tools > Polling > Publish Responses
- Clear Polling Results to allow participants to respond to a new poll Select Clear from the polling response bar