Topics Map > Tools & Equipment > Upgrade Guides
Scotchman Coldsaw Upgrade Guide
When achieving the Scotchman Coldsaw upgrade, complete this self taught seminar. ~1 Hour to complete
Objective: Completing the Coldsaw 1 upgrade training, you will adjust vise jaws for blade clearance, change vise jaws, properly change coldsaw blades, and cut parts out of both steel and aluminum. If at anytime during this training process you have questions or concerns, contact staff for assistance.
- Complete all prerequisite steps (have a red or green shop pass, apply for the upgrade, contact the TEAM Lab to arrange a time for training)
- Check in at toolcrib window to have machine and storage locker unlocked.
- Read through user guide: User Guide
- Complete a mitered angle iron cut (1" length @ 45 degrees) use 220 tooth blade
- Complete steel square tube cut (1" length @ 90 degrees) Must use V-Block vise jaws and 220 tooth blade
- Complete aluminum 1" solid round cut (3.25 in length @ 90 degrees) use 150 tooth blade
- Show staff completed parts (aluminum round goes to toolcrib; tube and angle go in scrap bin)
- Have staff stamp permit
- Clean saw, have staff inspect area, and lock up saw