SFS - How to change a shared/service account password
Instructions for changing the password for a shared/service account in the Shared Financial System.
Per the Shared Financial System Password Policy (found HERE) the password for shared/service accounts must meet minimum password complexity standards and be changed every 6 months.
To avoid service interruption, the passwords for shared/service accounts will not automatically expire, as they would for a regular user. However, the SFS Security team will receive a notification email when it has been 6 months since the last password change date. The SFS Security team will then contact the shared/service account owner (found HERE) and request the password change.
The shared/service account owner should take the following steps to update the password for their shared/service account:
1. In a supported Web Browser, navigate to the PeopleSoft Authentication page for the desired SFS Environment. Links to the PSA login pages can be found here: SFS Links and Client Support
2. Select the environment where the password reset is requested.
3. Authenticate with your NetID/password and One Time Password if required.
4. Log into the shared/service account with the current password.
5. Navigate to Main Menu > Change My Password
6. Enter the current password.
7. Enter the new password.
8. Hit "Change Password".
9. Update the password in any external system that is connected to SFS via the shared/service account.
10. Test any connections as needed, if there are any issues submit a JIRA to the SFS Security team.