Topics Map > Volunteer Management > Volunteer Onboarding > 2) Contact Information
Volunteer Management - Onboarding - Contact Information
Most volunteers will provide contact information when completing the program’s application form. If your program does not already have a standard application form, guidelines to assist you in collecting contact information are available below.
Steps to Complete Requirement
- Decide on the process through which volunteer contact information will be collected (e.g., online form, paper form).
- Identify information to be collected through this form. At minimum, volunteer contact information should include:
- Phone Number
- Email (if they have one)
- Age Status (whether or not the individual is 18 or over)
- Incorporating Extension’s Volunteer Behavior Expectations and Conditions of Volunteer Service into the application form can help programs keep relevant information together.
- Do not ask for confidential information such as a social security number. During the background check process, confidential information will be provided directly by the volunteer to UW-Madison’s background check vendor.
For assistance, contact Kim Nawyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 262-5864.