Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Onboarding > Supervisor Checklists > All Supervisors > 1st Month
Onboarding Checklist - Supervisors - All New Employees - First Month
The Supervisor of a new employee should complete a set of tasks within the new employee's first month of employment as part of their onboarding experience.
Complete 30-Day Conversation
- Managers/supervisors should have an initial expectation and goal-setting conversation with each new employee who reports directly to them within 30 days of their start date, and annually thereafter, at the beginning of the performance period.
- This will need to be documented in the Performance Management & Development Program (PMDP).
- The discussion should cover the following:
- Major duties of the position
- Work priorities
- How successful performance will be evaluated
- Developmental needs
- Strategies to meet these needs.
- The date of the conversation and the goals and expectations identified in this meeting must be documented and the goals/expectations provided to the employee using the Performance Management & Development Program (PMDP).
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Verify Completion of Required One Month Tasks
All new employees will have one or more first month onboarding checklists to work through with required and recommended tasks.
Verify that the new employee has or will complete (or receives assistance they need) all required first month tasks.
First Month Onboarding Checklists:
- All New Employees - First Month [LINK]
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org