Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.5 Educational Technology Support > 4.5.2 Extension Canvas Courses
ETS - Canvas - Extension Canvas Courses
Canvas is a Learning Management System (LMS) tool for colleagues to provide educational content to extension learners in an online format. Colleagues interested in creating an online Canvas course should follow the links in this article to determine if Canvas is right for them and to request a canvas course.
Extension Employee Information
- The Division of Extension has its own sub-account - Extension Canvas.
- The sub-account is managed by Educational Technology Services (ETS).
- Visit the SharePoint Site - Extension Canvas Planning for detailed information on Canvas, how to determine if it's the right tool, and the process for requesting and obtaining the necessary approvals.
Request a Canvas Course
- If a program team (educators, program managers, directors, supervisors, AEDs, etc.) is interested in creating and delivering programming in a Canvas online or blended course they will need to request approval to take the required training and create the course prior to officially building the course.
- More information on requesting a course, submitting for approval, and necessary approvals can be found on the SharePoint site page Canvas Course Requests.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org