Topics Map > Employee Handbook > IT Resources > Tools for Remote Work
Working Remotely - Tech Considerations
Guidelines for working remotely provided by Educational Technology Support.
Availability of Tools
The majority of the tools we use as part of our daily work life are hosted online (aka on the cloud). Access to these tools requires a reliable high-speed broadband Internet connection.
- Office 365 (Email, Calendaring, Intranet, OneDrive, and other services) are all hosted on the cloud on Microsoft’s own servers.
- Google Suite is a cloud-based service, with all data, files, and resources hosted on the cloud on Google’s own servers.
- Zoom Video Conferencing is a cloud-based tool that can support up to 300 participants in meetings via licensed accounts and can be scaled for 500 or more via webinar. Zoom is hosted on Amazon’s web services, a cloud-hosted service.
- UW Madison DoIT has plans in place for ensuring that the MyUW Portal, Duo MFA and the rest of our login system will continue to function in the event of a disruptive event.
Access to these services is critical to all staff and students at UW Madison, however, please note that in the event of any disruptions to the UW Madison Campus network or login servers, you may encounter difficulty in logging into any of the above cloud services. Any interruption in service would be temporary as UW Madison has plans in place for maintaining access to these tools for staff and students in the case of any disruptive events.
As more people work remotely and families have become dependent on their internet connection for both working and learning remotely, it is people’s home and remote Internet access and their local Internet Service Provider where capacity has been an ongoing problem. Please note that there is nothing we can do to address those types of problems.
Given the dispersed nature of our staff and the variability of Internet access across the state, it is expected that Extension staff may encounter the same issues.
Working Remotely Checklist
- Do you have any physical files that you would need to access if working remotely? Be sure to follow any protocol related to the nature of the sensitivity of the data in the files, if such policy and protocol exist.
- Can you upload these files to Google Drive or OneDrive?
- Can you scan or take a picture of them instead of bringing them with you?
- Change your Work Voicemail message if applicable.
- One of the expectations when working remotely is that you have the equipment, location and technology available to effectively do your job.
- Depending on the nature of your work, you may be required to use the WiscVPN in order to ensure a secure connection to campus resources.
- Consider forwarding your work phone to one you can access remotely.
- Ensure office colleagues and your supervisor are aware of your remote working schedule.
- Duo backup codes - Useful in case you can’t use your phone or token to log in.
- Email / Office 365 Online
- Google (G Suite)
- DoIT Helpdesk | (608) 264-4357 | email@example.com
- Extension Intranet
- Employee Handbook
- Extension’s COVID-19 Site
- UW Madison’s COVID-19 site
- UW-Madison Homepage (note many links are available under MyUW)
Microsoft Office - A Note on Using Remotely
Microsoft Office 365 Online can be used for most of your needs and is available via your web browser. This includes the ability to use the online version of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint if you do not have them installed locally. These files can be saved via MS One Drive, then opened either online or via a local copy of the MS Office suite. In the event you need to work remotely and need access to more functions than what is available via MS Office Online, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
Tools Available through MyUW
- Most resources can be accessed from MyUW on the wisc.edu homepage via their own widget on the dashboard. This includes email, Google Drive and Box.
- Division of Extension Resources like our Intranet, Staff Directory and Employee Handbook can be accessed through MyUW.