Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Hiring > Direct Hires > Pre-Submission Requirements
Hiring - Direct Hires - Pre-Submission - Complete HR Consultation
As part of the pre-submission requirements, the Hiring Manager needs to schedule a 15-30 minute consultation meeting with Extension HR. An Extension HR representative will meet with them to discuss the direct hire, review materials, and prepare the Hiring Manager for next steps in the direct hire process.
- Prior to submitting the Request to Fill (RTF) to Extension HR, the Hiring Manager needs to complete an HR Consultation with Extension HR.
- Extension HR has a guiding set of questions to discuss during the consultation. Ultimately, the goal is to answer any questions the supervisor has, provide an overview of the process, and get the hiring process started off on the right foot.
- This applies to all direct hire waivers.
- Schedule a Zoom with an Extension HR representative.
- Check availability and schedule with the primary contact. If the primary contact is out of office, please contact email@example.com.
- Schedule a 15-30 min conversation during standard business hours (M-F)
- Title the meeting "Staffing Consultation - [Working Title]"
- Review the standard HR Consultation Agenda below.
HR Consultation Agenda
- Is this a refill or new position?
- What is the title/SJD you would like to use? PD? Business title?
- Is this ongoing work? Short term in nature? Full or part time?
- What is the salary range?
- Does this type of work fit within the strategic direction of the organization/institute?
- What is your goal timeline? (share timeline creation tool)
- Direct Hire/Waiver Reason
- Desired Direct Hire (name, resume, etc.)
- Discuss expected process and point out process document for guidance along the way
- Discuss onboarding materials and process in the employee handbook
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.