Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.1 Hiring > 2.1.2 Direct Hires
Hiring - Direct Hires - Pre-Submission - Position Descriptions
The hiring manager will submit a position description to Extension HR as part of the Request to Fill (RTF). The hiring manager will need to draft the position description and gather appropriate input prior to submitting.
1) Draft a Position Description
All PD fields can be found in the Extension RTF Form ([Link for document 111204 is unavailable at this time]). You will copy and paste the PD into these fields:
- Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience
- Position Summary - A clear and concise summary that describes work at a high level.
- Principal Duties - Focus on job responsibilities rather than day-to-day tasks.
- Additional Information
2) Gather Additional Position Description Input
- Please gather input for the position description from your supervisor, program manager, and/or institute director.
- If you have any questions regarding who to contact for input, email email@example.com.
3) Enter Position Description Information into Request to Fill (RTF)
You will enter position Description information into the RTF form that you create for the recruitment
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org