Topics Map > County Support Staff, Emeritus, Partners, & Affiliates > 5.1 County Support Staff
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
County Support Staff NetID
County employees that support Extension administratively or programmatically need a UW-Madison NetID. This will grant them access to UW-Madison O365 email & calendar, G Suite, and will include them on Extension's county support staff and All Extension email lists.
- Extension and Wisconsin's 72 counties are partners in implementing local programs across the state.
- Some county employees (non-Extension employees) are involved in Extension programming/administrative work.
- These county employees need to be able to collaborate with Extension employees using IT applications and services
- To have access to these tools, they will need UW-Madison NetIDs.
- They can obtain a UW-Madison NetID through the creation of a zero-dollar appointment record in HRS.
How to Get a County Employee a UW-Madison NetID
County Employee Access with UW-Madison NetID
When a County Employee Leaves
- Zero dollar appointments have job end dates of June 30 each year. They will be reviewed at least annually.
- If a county employee with a zero-dollar appointment leaves county employment and no longer supports Extension programming/administrative work prior to this review date, email email@example.com