Topics Map > High-Risk Injury/Incident
Topics Map > Near-Miss or Unsafe Act
Topics Map > Vehicle Accident
Topics Map > Employee Injury/Incident
Topics Map > Non-Employee Injury/Incident
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Risk Management
Risk Management - Injury & Incident Reporting - All Reports
UW-Madison Risk Management requires written reports for all injuries, accidents, and near-misses involving participants in UW-Madison sanctioned programming. Extension has its own workflow for submitting some reports to Risk Management.
- UW-Madison Risk Management (Division of Business Services) requires injury and incident reporting.
- Incident Reporting falls into two broad categories in terms of workflow:
- Reports submitted through an Extension SharePoint workflow that complements the Risk Management business processes.
- Reports that are submitted through Risk Management business processes.
- The Division of Extension will use Extension SharePoint to track and report on three categories of injury/incident reports that are submitted to risk management.
- Non-Employee Injuries/Incidents
- Near-Miss or Unsafe Acts
- Automobile Accident (State-owned vehicle only)
- The following categories of injury/incident reports do NOT get submitted through Extension SharePoint:
- Employee Injury/Incident Reports
- Property Loss
- EHS Specific Reports
Employee Injury/Incident Reports
*Note that you should report the occurrence to your supervisor and complete the report within 24 hours of the occurrence/injury/illness.