Topics Map > Employee Handbook > IT Resources
ETS - G Suite - How to Migrate your CES Google Account
Extension no longer uses CES (ces.uwex.edu) Google Accounts and uses UW-Madison (wisc.edu) Google Accounts. As part of Extension's transition to UW-Madison, each user was tasked with transferring their CES Google Drive files to their UW-Madison Google Drive.
You can find more information about UW Madison Google Suite here.
- There is no automated solution for transferring CES Google Drive files to the UW Madison Google Drive.
- Each user is responsible for transitioning their CES Google content over to the UW Madison Google Drive.
Complete Google Drive Transition
Make a copy and print this document to keep handy as you work through this process:
- Delete any unnecessary files from your CES Google Drive account;
- Make a list of any YouTube channels you are an admin on;
- Make a list of any team drives you are a member of;
- Make a list of any 3rd party websites or apps you access via your CES GSuite account;
Complete Team/Shared Drive Transition
Google Transition FAQs
How do I log into my Google Account?
- Log into your UW-Madison (wisc) Google account by using your NetID@wisc.edu here: https://google.wisc.edu/
- It’s also handy to bookmark https://www.wisc.edu/ and then click MyUW in the upper right corner. This is another way to access your UW-Madison Google Account.
- Log into your CES Google account by going to https://www.google.com/ and signing in with your CES Google account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
How do I transfer a Google Calendar?
- Follow these instructions: Transferring Additional Google Calendars.
Is Google+ Going Away?
- When we first adopted Google Suite for Education back in late 2012, we encouraged the use of Google+ as a collaboration tool. While many have had success with this tool, over time the overall popularity and use of Google+ has diminished to the point that Google is shutting down the public-facing side of Google+.
- At this time we are encouraging staff to transition their Google+ Communities away from the Google+ platform.
- If you are currently using Google+ with either internal or external audiences, please send an email to email@example.com so that our EdTech team can assist you with learning about what options you have available moving forward.