Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.1 Hiring > 2.1.4 Student Hourly Hire
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources > 4.7.1 Hiring
Hiring - Student Hourly - Extend a Student Hourly Appointment
If you are approaching the expected end date of a student employee, you can follow the steps below to extend their appointment. This is contingent on verifying continued funding and the eligibility of the individual to be employed as a student hourly employee.
Note: ASU OHR will send out emails to time approvers containing hourly student job end dates every semester.
- Contact your supervisor. This will likely be an Institute Director, Assistant Dean, Area Extension Director, or Operations Director. Verify that there is continued funding that can be used to pay for the student.
- If the funding will be changing and you verify the new source of funding with your supervisor, you can work with your financial manager for the new correct funding string. Make sure to send a short justification, including who is paying for the student position(s) and where the funding is coming from.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (cc email@example.com) and include the following information in your request:
- Provide the legal first and last name.
- Provide new funding string if funding source is changing.
- Provide new expected job end date.
- Make sure to Cc your supervisor and firstname.lastname@example.org on the email that you send to ASU.