Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Ending Employment > Offboarding Checklists
Ending Employment - Offboarding Checklist - Administrative Support
A list of critical components that Extension administrative support staff should complete when an employee leaves the organization as part of the offboarding process.
Prior to Last Day
Send Exit Letter
- Once the resignation letter is reviewed and approved by the supervisor, the employee will be sent an Exit Letter by their Administrative Support staff.
- The Exit Letter contains important information and a link to steps to take if they are leaving the Division of Extension.
- Create a copy of the exit letter template.
- Determine if the supervisor would like to add any custom language to the exit letter.
- Email the updated exit letter to the employee who is resigning/retiring.
For question related to the exit letter or offboarding process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After Last Day
Remove Employee from Extension Directory
Each employee should have an entry in the Extension Directory. Their data manager will need to remove their entry after their termination date in HRS.
- Determine the employee’s termination date in HRS.
- Create a calendar reminder to remove the employee from the directory after their final day.
- Delete the employee’s appointment record(s) first.
- Delete the employee’s person record second.
For questions related to removing an individual employee from the directory, please contact email@example.com.
Remove Employee from Email Lists
- If the employee is a member of any WiscList that are owned and managed by administrative support staff; or
- If the employee is a member of any “manual affiliate” groups in Manifest that are owned and managed by administrative support staff.
- They will need to be removed from these email lists.
- Determine if the employee is a member of any WiscList that you own and manage. Remove them from the list.
- Determine if the employee is a “manual affiliate” of any Manifest groups. Remove them from the list.