Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources > 4.7.1 Hiring
Hiring - Recruitment - Pre-Recruitment - Other Positions (AS/US/LI)
Hiring Managers should work through the necessary pre-submission conversations prior to initiating the recruitment of any Academic Staff, University Staff, or Limited Appointee position. These conversations will not only keep necessary parties in the loop, but will also be a time to receive input on the position description and to determine a position's FTE.
Who are Hiring Managers?
- Dean & Director
- Associate Dean
- Institute Director
- Program Manager
- Assistant Dean
- Area Extension Director
- Operations Director
- Other Hiring Manager
Which Approvals are Needed?
- Hiring Authority (if different than supervisor)
- Chief Financial Officer
- Extension Human Resources
- Dean's Leadership Team Designee (Associate Dean, Assistant Dean)
Instructions - Pre-Approval Conversations
Make sure to have these pre-approval conversations up front to work on the position description, determine the position's FTE, and obtain preliminary approval from DLT (if base-funded in any way) to move forward with the position. This will likely involved collaboration via email, Zoom, Teams, and scheduled meetings. Please budget sufficient time for this portion of the process.
- Talk with your Direct Supervisor - discuss how to get the recruitment started, what type of position it could be, etc.
- Talk with the Budgetary Authority for the position - discuss funding for the position, FTE, the position description.
- If the position is base-funded in any way (e.g. 104, 143, etc.) it requires DLT Approval