Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.3 Employment Changes
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources

Divisional HR - Job Changes

If an employee's job/position will change (e.g. Voluntary FTE change, Funding change, expected job end date etc.) their direct supervisor must notify Extension HR to create and submit a Job Change Request Form prior to any changes taking effect.


  • Any time an Extension employee's job will change, Extension HR, the Administrative Services Unit (ASU), and Extension OFS must be notified by the immediate supervisor.
  • This could include changes to the employee's job (e.g. Department ID, pay rate/salary, funding, expected job end date) or position (e.g. job code, continuity code, FTE).
    • Please note that this is especially important for co-funded and fully-funded county-based educators if there is a change in their primary work location and who they serve (county, area).
    • Non-voluntary FTE changes (e.g. funding loss) must follow a different process. Please contact
  • Each administrative unit supporting the Division of Extension needs to make updates behind the scenes. Here are several examples of why this is so critical:
    • Extension HR - Extension staff directory, operational area, PMDP
    • ASU - HRS updates, issuing updated appointment letter
    • Extension OFS - Updating funding
  • The supervisor must complete the job change request form, and send to Extension HR to obtain necessary approvals prior to any changes taking effect. 

Types of Job Changes


1) Download the Job Change Request Form

2) Fill out the Job Change Request Form

Employee Information

Current Information

Current Information - Fill out current value(s) that you will propose to change. If you are unsure where to find this information please contact
  • Job Code
  • Title
  • Employee Classification
  • Continuity Code
  • Pay Rate/Salary
  • FTE

Proposed Changes

Proposed Changes - Fill out values for proposed changes. If you are unsure how to fill out this information please contact
  • Effective Date of Change(s)
  • Temporary or Ongoing Change(s)
    • If temporary - please include end date
  • Job Code
  • Title
  • Employee Classification
  • Continuity Code
  • Pay Rate/Salary
  • FTE
  • Description of Proposed Changes - use this field to add detail and clarity to the requested changes. 

Funding with Proposed Changes

Signatures (Do Not Sign the Document)

Please DO NOT complete ANY signatures. Extension HR will use Adobe Sign to circulate for all required signatures. 

Employee Job/Position Information

Complete the following information prior to submitting to HR. If you have questions regarding where to find this information please contact

  • Position Number
  • Employee ID
  • Employee Record

3) Submit to Extension HR

4) Processing Job Change

  • Extension HR will send the fully-executed form to ASU for processing and Cc the appropriate financial manager.
  • ASU HR will notify the appropriate financial manager at the time of entering the change in HRS so that any funding changes are made in time.
  • Note: If only a change to funding, will not go to ASU and OFS will update.

Get Help

Questions? Contact

Keywords:FTE funding continuity code pay rate/salary DeptID UDDS   Doc ID:107553
Owner:Nathaniel S.Group:Extension Handbook
Created:2020-12-03 12:10 CSTUpdated:2022-02-16 09:24 CST
Sites:Extension Handbook
Feedback:  0   0