Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.1 Hiring > 2.1.1 Recruitment
Hiring - Recruitment - Failed Search
If the hiring manager fails the search, they need to determine if and when they would like to re-post the position. Please see the instructions below for reposting.
1. Update your Request to Fill (RTF)
Work with your S&S committee to discuss the failed search and draft an updated RTF for your new posting. In particular you might want to review and update:
- Anticipated start date;
- Length of your job posting;
- Posting title;
- Minimum posted salary;
- Position summary;
- Minimum and preferred qualifications;
- Advertising summary.
2. Send Extension HR the updated RTF
Send the update RTF to email@example.com for review.
3. Extension HR will review and send to ASU for processing
Extension HR will review the RTF and confirm details with the hiring manager before sending to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.