Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.20 Ending Employment
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.7 Transitioning Employees from Extension Service
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.4 Dean's Office
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources > 4.7.9 Ending Employment

Ending Employment - Requesting Retirement/Recognition Certificates

Supervisors should refer to this article for information regarding requesting retirement/recognition certificates.


Retiring employees or employees with 10 or more years of service may receive a retirement/recognition years of service certificate signed by the Dean of Extension. The supervisor will initiate the process.  


  1. The supervisor will email the Dean’s Executive Assistant Lisa Brennan (, the request for a retirement/recognition certificate.  If possible, please allow at least two weeks prior to the retirement/end date for processing.
  2. Lisa will email the supervisor a retirement/recognition template to be completed and returned to her. If there is a retirement celebration event, please include in your email request the date along with the address for the physical mailing of the certificate.
  3. Lisa will mail a framed retirement/recognition certificate signed by the Dean.

Get Help

  • For question related to the retirement/recognition years of service certificate contact Lisa Brennan via email or call 608.263.2775.

Keywords:retirement recognition certificate   Doc ID:118983
Owner:Nathaniel S.Group:Extension Handbook
Created:2022-06-13 11:35 CSTUpdated:2022-06-13 11:39 CST
Sites:Extension Handbook
Feedback:  0   0