Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.1 Access, Inclusion, and Compliance
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.2 Policy Statements & Employee Guidance > 1.2.3 Civil Rights
How to Register for and Complete Civil Rights 101 Training
How to Register for the Civil Rights 101 Training
These instructions explain how to register for the Division of Extension’s Civil Rights 101 Training through the UW-Madison Office of Human Resources (OHR) Registration System. By registering for the online course via OHR, instead of directly in Canvas, your course completion will be reflected in your official UW-Madison employee learning transcript.
1) Use this link to Civil Rights Training 2021-2024 to register
a) Alternatively, search for the training in OHR’s Professional Development Course Catalog.
2) After selecting the course, click on “Login & Register” at the bottom of the window
3) If prompted, login with your NetID, select UW-Madison as your organization, and complete the multi-factor authentication
4) After logging in, click on “Confirm Registration” at the bottom of the window
5) When registration is complete, click on the hyperlinked text “begin the online course”
6) This will take you to the home page of the Civil Rights 101 Canvas course
Completing the Civil Rights 101 Training
1) Navigate to the four lessons (or modules) from the bottom of the homepage or click on “Modules” in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen (highlighted below)
2) Allow 45 minutes to complete all four lessons:
- You do not need to finish all lessons at once; your progress is saved.
- When done, fill out the certificate form to confirm course completion.
- You will receive an email with your certificate attached.
- Save the completion certificate for your records.
3) After you complete the course, it will appear in your employee learning transcript