Topics Map > County Support Staff, Emeritus, Partners, & Affiliates > 5.1 County Support Staff (POI 18)
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
Divisional HR - Person of Interest (POI) - County Support Staff NetID
County employees that support Extension administratively or programmatically need a UW-Madison NetID. This will grant them access to UW-Madison O365 email & calendar, G Suite, and will include them on Extension's county support staff and All Extension email lists.
- Extension and Wisconsin's 72 counties are partners in implementing local programs across the state.
- Some county employees (non-Extension employees) are involved in Extension programming/administrative work.
- These county employees need to be able to collaborate with Extension employees using UW-Madison O365 email accounts and G Suite accounts.
- To have access to these tools, they will need UW-Madison NetIDs.
- They can obtain a UW-Madison NetID through the creation of a Person of Interest (POI)record in HRS.
Extension County Employee UDDS Codes
- All county employees fall under POI Type 18 (UWEX-CE County-Employed Staff) and use specific Extenion POI 18 UDDS Codes.
How to Get a County Employee a UW-Madison NetID
- The Area Extension Director (AED) becomes aware of a new or existing county employee that will need a NetID.
- The AED fills out the Position Information section in the POI Form for Extension.
- The county employee fills out the Person Information section and signs the form. The information in this section is necessary to ensure that no duplicates are created in HRS.
- The AED should sign off on the POI form to verify that the individual requesting a POI is a county employee. They should also verify that there is an email account listed on the form, as this is where the activation key will be sent.
- The completed form must be faxed to ASU (608) 890-0900 or Extension HR (608) 710-4377. It cannot be emailed.
- ASU will process the POI form and create the Person of Interest. The county employee can expect to receive a NetID activation key email from email@example.com at the email they have listed on the form within a few days after processing.
County Employee Access with UW-Madison NetID
- UW-Madison Office 365 Email and Calendar.
- UW-Madison G Suite.
- Inclusion on the County Support Staff email list (Email Lists - Area, Zone & County Support Staff Lists )
- Inclusion on Extension All email list (Email Lists - Extension All )
- UW-Madison Canvas
- UW-Madison SharePoint Guest Access