Topics Map > Educational Technology Services
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > IT Resources
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Organizational Structure > Email Lists
ETS - Email Lists - Core Lists
Extension has centrally-managed email lists. These lists are auto-populated with data from the Human Resources System (HRS).
- Extension has centrally-managed ("Core") email lists (Custom WiscLists).
- Core lists are for the most part auto-populated by employee and person-of-interest (POI) data from HRS.
- Employees and POIs are automatically added and removed from core lists based discrete information that makes up their HRS records (UDDS Code, Location Code, Status).
- Auto-population of the lists reduces the amount of time a list administrator must spend maintaining the list.
- Anyone not pulled in automatically will need to be manually added by the administrator.
Extension Core Email List Groups
- ETS - Email Lists - Extension All
- ETS - Email Lists - Area & County Support Staff
- ETS - Email Lists - Agriculture & Natural Resources
- ETS - Email Lists - Youth, Family & Community Development
- ETS - Email Lists - Operations
- ETS - Email Lists - Faculty, Academic Staff, University Staff, Integrated Specialists
How to Determine Your Core Lists
- Go to UW-Madison Manifest.
- Go to “Login to Manifest” and login with your UW-Madison NetID and password.
- Go to “My Memberships”.
- Scroll down to section uw:domain:extension.wisc.edu..
- Use the “Group” column in the List Groups above to determine which lists you are in, based on which manifest groups you are in.
How to Get Added to a Core List
- If you are not a member of a particular core WiscList and should be - please email the list administrator.
- Provide them with your UW-Madison NetID.
How to Send to a Core List
- You must be a member of the list to send to it (see how to get added above).
- You can send directly to the WiscList address.
Q: What is a “Core List”?
A: These internal email lists are primarily driven by personnel data, using a tool called Manifest. For the most part, these lists are automatically populated as people start and end employment.
Q: How are these lists created?
A: They are for the most part automatically populated using employee job records and person of interest records. This auto-population is based on discrete information that makes up these records (e.g. Department ID, Location Code, Active Status). While the majority of employees and persons of interest can be automatically populated, there is also a manual component for anyone that would not be pulled in automatically. List Administrators actively manage these manual components.
Q: Where can I learn more about WiscLists?
A: UW-Madison’s WiscList KB.
Q: Where can I learn more about Manifest?
A: UW-Madison’s Manifest Help page.
Q: How long does it take for me to be able to send to a list once I have been added?
A: Up to 24 hours.