Topics Map > Non-Employee Injury/Incident
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Risk Management
Risk Management - Injury & Incident Reporting - Report a Non-Employee Injury/Incident
Extension employees should submit all non-employee injury/incident reports using an Extension-specific SharePoint workflow.
- UW-Madison Risk Management requires that all high-risk NON-UW-Madison employee injuries/incidents be reported.
- Extension Employees should follow the High-Risk Injury/Incident Response workflow in the case of a high-risk incident.
- The report must be filed within 48 hours of the incident.
- Extension has its own workflow on SharePoint for submitting these reports directly to Risk Management.
- Follow the instructions below for completing a report and submitting to Risk Management.
Guidance for Submitting
- Follow the high-risk injury/incident response workflow and submit a report if one of the following occurs as a result of Extension Programs, Events, or Activities.
- A bodily injury occurs to an Extension Volunteer, Extension Program Participant, or third party;
- Property damage is incurred by a third party;
- An injury/incident occurs that could be classified as "high risk."
Instructions for Submitting Non-Employee Injury/Incident Report to Risk Management
*Make sure that you have initiated the Extension Phone Tree as part of the High-Risk Injury/Incident Response workflow.
1) Complete the Non-Employee Injury/Incident Report Form
- Download the Non-Employee Injury/Incident Report form to your local computer. Complete the report.
- Note: If you have printed copies that you have filled out by hand, you can scan them into PDFs.
2) Submit the Report Form through SharePoint
- Go to the Extension Injury/Accident Reporting SharePoint Site.
- Click the "Draft Report" button to prepare your report for submission. Save it. You may save and edit it as needed.
- Complete these fields for your submission:
- Record Title: Append [First Name] [Last Name] [Date] to the template document name
- E.g. UW-Madison-General-Non-Employee-Accident-Injury-Incident-Report - Nathaniel Shay 2019.11.04
- Incident Type: Select whether it is a non-employee injury/incident, near-miss, or vehicle accident report.
- Description: Include a brief description of why you are submitting the report.
- Incident Date: Date the incident documented in the report occurred.
- 4-H Accident?: Select whether the incident was 4-H related (Yes/No).
- Upham Woods Accident?: Select whether the incident was Upham Woods related (Yes/No).
- Volunteer Related: Select whether the incident involved a volunteer (Yes/No).
- Immediate Supervisor: Your immediate supervisor's email.
- Institute Director: Your institute director's email.
- Attach Completed Report: Upload the completed report as an attachment.
- When you are ready to submit, click on the "My Reports" button. Find your Report.
- Click "Send to Risk Management".
- Click "Run Flow."
Help with Non-Employee Injury/Incident Report
- If you have any questions related to the report form, please contact the Office of Risk Management (608) 262-0379.
- If you have any questions related to the Extension SharePoint Workflow, please contact the Extension Help Desk (all tickets will be routed through DoIT Help Desk).