Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.15 Emergency Procedures & Risk Management
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.6 Emergency Procedures & Risk Management > 2.6.1 Injury & Incident Reporting
Risk Management - Injury & Incident Reporting - Report an Automobile Accident
Extension employees should submit all automobile accident (state-owned vehicles) reports to Risk Management using an Extension-specific SharePoint workflow within 24 hours of the incident. There is additional reporting involved in automobile accidents that will need to be completed outside of this workflow.
- UW-Madison Risk Management requires that all UW-Madison related automobile accidents with state-owned vehicles be reported.
- The report must be filed within 24 hours of the incident.
- Extension has its own workflow on SharePoint for submitting these reports directly to Risk Management.
- All state owned automobile accidents should be treated as high-risk injuries/incidents and should be reported immediately.
Instructions to Report an Automobile Accident
1) Follow All Instructions on the Risk Management Website
- Follow instructions under If Injuries are Involved
- Follow instructions under Report the Accident
- Follow instructions under Complete and Submit a Vehicle Accident Report
- Note: You will submit the report to Risk Management using the Extension SharePoint workflow in step 3.
2) Notify your Extension Supervisor
Contact your supervisor to initiate the Extension Phone Tree as soon as possible after the accident. County-based faculty should contact their Area Extension Director (AED).
3) Submit the Vehicle Accident/Incident Report via SharePoint
- If you have not already filled out a paper copy, download and complete the Vehicle Accident/Incident Report (a paper copy is included in the vehicle incident kit located in the glove box of all UW-Madison fleet vehicles).
- Submit the Vehicle Accident/Incident Report via SharePoint within 24 hours of the accident/incident.
- Follow the instructions for requesting a police report and send a copy to Risk Management.