Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.2 Policy Statements & Compliance
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
Divisional HR - Supervisors - Inclement Weather Policy
UW-Madison inclement weather policy applies to all Division of Extension faculty, academic staff, university staff, and limited appointees.
- Weather conditions can vary throughout the state of Wisconsin.
- Many Division of Extension employees work in offices and facilities that are not Extension facilities (e.g. county offices).
- These facilities may close while UW-Madison facilities remain open.
- Division of Extension employees are expected to adhere to UW-Madison's Inclement Weather Policy and should work with their supervisors to determine the most reasonable alternative listed in the Policy Detail.
- Employees with an approved remote work agreement can continue working remotely during an inclement weather event provided they are able to do so (i.e. no loss of power or internet).