Topics Map > Employee Handbook > IT Resources
ETS - Hardware - Supported PC Laptop/Desktop and Printers
Computers purchased by Extension staff for business purposes must meet Divisional requirements for standardized hardware. These requirements are based on UW Madison's Departmental Support supported computer models. If an employee purchases a computer that does not meet Divisional requirements it will not be supported and there may be loss of access to Extension and UW-Madison resources.
Please initiate all hardware requests by filling out the following form: https://forms.gle/SBPVqdw7yHCMSMFn8
- The Division of Extension requires that all computer hardware requests and purchases go through Educational Technology Support (ETS).
- Requests will be routed to ETS via the DoIT Help Desk.
- At this time, Extension is utilizing UW Madison's recommendations for supported hardware.
- This includes a small number of specially configured Dell Laptops and Desktops as well as a few printer options. The current supported hardware list can be found at this link, or via the embedded document below.
- Hardware needs to be configured by ETS to meet current campus security recommendations prior to being shipped to requestor.