Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Organizational Structure > Person of Interest (POI) > UW-Madison Integrated Specialist
Divisional HR - Person of Interest (POI) - UW-Madison Integrated Specialists
Extension funds portions of faculty and academic staff appointments on the UW-Madison campus in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences (CALS), School of Human Ecology (SoHE), and Letters & Science (L&S). These positions directly contribute to Extension research, education, and programmatic events and activities. UW-Madison integrated specialists will already have a NetID and access to applications and services provided to campus employees. However, they will need a POI record to be incorporated correctly into Extension email lists, Extension-specific access to certain applications and services, and to be added to the Extension staff directory.
- All UW-Madison Campus integrated specialists must have a Person of Interest (POI) record (Type 32) in the Human Resources System (HRS).
- Integrated specialists must have their primary programmatic affiliation indicated in the Department ID of the POI record (must be in A47).
- When a POI record is created for an off-campus integrated specialist, there are a series of other steps that must be completed to incorporate them into the Division of Extension systems and processes.
CALS Integrated Specialists
- The CALS Executive Assistant and Office Manager will send the Division of Extension quarterly reports for any integrated specialist staffing changes (new hires/retirements/resignations).
Extension Integrated Specialist UDDS Codes
- Please refer to the POI 32 column in the Division of Extension DeptID Crosswalk for relevant UDDS codes for integrated specialist positions.
Essential Steps to Complete for New UW-Madison Integrated Specialists
- Note: These steps should be completed by the relevant Operations Program Associate
- [Link for document 98204 is unavailable at this time.]
- Work with ASU OHR to have a POI (Type 32) record created. Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- POI Type (32 - Integrated Specialist)
- Primary Program Affiliation (UDDS code)
- Create a person record
- Create an appointment record
- They will automatically be added to following lists based on the POI record and UDDS code:
- Extension - All
- Department Level (ANR or YFCD)
- Institute Level
- Department Integrated Specialists (ANR or YFCD)
- Extension Integrated Specialists - All
Deactivating a UW-Madison Integrated Specialist POI Record
- Email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Date to end POI record
- Delete the appointment record
- Delete the person record