All volunteers must be issued and agree to a position description that outlines their general responsibilities. A framework for writing position descriptions and examples of position descriptions are available below. Position descriptions must be reviewed by Extensions’ Volunteer Management Systems Specialist prior to assigning them to volunteers.
Follow these instructions to complete the position description requirement.
- Download a copy of the Framework for Writing a Volunteer Position Description.
- Complete all relevant sections of the position description framework.
- Send the draft position description to the Volunteer Management Systems Specialist for review.
- Discuss the position description with volunteer/send volunteer a copy.
- Ask volunteer to agree to the position description in writing (e.g., email confirmation, sign and return paper document).
- Retain a copy of the paperwork showing the volunteer agreed with the position description.
- Attach a copy of the position description when sending the agreement letter to the volunteer (see Volunteer Management - Onboarding - Volunteer Agreement Letter).
For assistance, contact Kim Nawyn at email@example.com or (608) 262-5864.