The smartform application allows users to save their work before exiting the application. Users should periodically save their completed work in the smartform application in order to avoid losing any work due to the potential for timing out of the system or when the user needs to complete the application at a later time.
A reuseable collection of settings that defines scanner parameters. A scanner profile sets things like DPI (dots per inch) and Simplex (single-side) /Duplex (double-sided) on scans. Scanner profiles are located and set in capture profiles.
This is a state in ARROW. Studies in this state must undergo review by the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research Scientific Review Committee (ICTR SRC), the UW Cancer Center Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC) or the Clinical and Translational Research Core Protocol Implementation Review (CTRC PIR) before moving on to the IRB Pre-Review state.
In Office 365, this permission allows users other than the mailbox owner to use the mailbox to send messages. After this permission is assigned to a delegate, any message that a delegate sends from this mailbox will appear as if it was sent by the mailbox owner. However, this permission doesn't allow a delegate to sign in to the user's mailbox.
Send On Behalf Of
In Office 365, this permission allows a delegate to use this mailbox to send messages. However, after this permission is assigned to a delegate, the From address in any message sent by the delegate indicates that the message was sent by the delegate on behalf of the mailbox owner.
Send to Pre-Submission
This is an activity in ARROW that allows the PI or POC to send an application back to the Pre-Submission state from the Withdrawn state. For example, the PI withdrew an application from the IRB review process and now wants to start the submission process again using the previously withdrawn application.
Office 365 service accounts are intended to be used for shared/changing roles (e.g., info, secretary, webmaster, newsletter, feedback, etc.) or service/programmatic access (e.g., printers, copiers, mailers). Service accounts can be accessed via all Outlook clients. Learn more about the types of accounts available within Office 365.
Service Related Appointments
Employment payment, compensation for work performed in service to the university. Income is contingent upon an activity or employee position (e.g. Project Assistant, Research Associate, Teaching Assistant, etc.).
SharePoint is a web application framework and platform which integrates intranet, content management, and document management. You can use it as a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information from almost any device. SharePoint is currently not available within UW-Madison's implementation of Office 365. Important: You can still take advantage of certain features of SharePoint by accessing SharePoint Team Site.
Microsoft SharePoint Designer is a specialized HTML editor and web design freeware for creating or modifying Microsoft SharePoint sites, workflows and web pages.
Position that supervises Crafts Workers.
Sifting and Winnowing
The phrase "sifting and winnowing" refers to UW-Madison's historic tradition of defense of intellectual and academic freedom. The words are taken from an 1894 report of the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents and were originally used to explain the board's refusal to censure a professor accused of socialist and pro-union activity. The words are mounted on a plaque on the front of Bascom Hall:
Significant Financial Interest (SFI)
A Significant Financial Interest means any financial interests held by an investigator (and/or his or her immediate family), or by a business entity controlled or directed by the investigator or a member of his or her immediate family, that has monetary value, whether or not the value is readily ascertainable, including:
- Remuneration (e.g. salary, consulting fees, honoraria, paid authorship, etc.) received from a publicly traded entity in the twelve months preceding disclosure, and the value of any equity interest (stock, stock option, or other ownership interest) in the entity at the date of disclosure that, when aggregated, exceed $5,000
- Remuneration, (e.g. salary, consulting fees, honoraria, paid authorship, etc.) received from a non-publicly traded entity of greater than $5,000 in the twelve months preceding the disclosure
- Any equity interest (e,g. stock, stock option, or other ownership interest) in a non-publicly traded entity
- Royalty income from intellectual property rights not arising out of university employment, which are not assigned to organizations created to manage such rights on behalf of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (WARF)
- Reimbursed or sponsored travel related to institutional responsibilities that is not reimbursed or sponsored by a government agency, a U.S. university, an academic teaching hospital, a medical center, or a research institute that is affiliated with a U.S. university
- Service in positions with fiduciary responsibility , including senior managers (e.g. presidents, vice presidents, etc.) and members of boards of directors, whether or not the investigator receives compensation for such service.
- Salary, royalties, or other remuneration received from UW-Madison, the University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation, or the VA
- Royalty income from intellectual property rights arising out of UW-Madison employment that are assigned to organizations created to manage such rights on behalf of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (WARF)
- Income from investment vehicles, such as mutual funds and retirement accounts, as long as the investigator does not control the investment decisions made in these vehicles
- Income from seminars, lectures, or teaching engagements sponsored by a domestic government agency, a university, an academic teaching hospital, a medical center, or a research institute that is affiliated with a university
- Income from service on advisory committees or review panels for a domestic government agency, a university, an academic teaching hospital, a medical center, or a research institute that is affiliated with a university
- Travel related to institutional responsibilities that is reimbursed or sponsored by a domestic government agency, a university, an academic teaching hospital, a medical center, or a research institute that is affiliated with a university.
A title in the same title series.
only one side of the page is printed, meaning the back side of each page is blank
The Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration is designed for all new first-year and transfer students who plan to enter UW-Madison. For more information about the program, see https://soar.wisc.edu/. (University staff who work with SOAR are able to access the Wiki, where program planning resources are posted, from that site. )
Merit-based process used to fill most vacancies. This process allows UW–Madison the flexibility to target specific skill sets as well as a diverse pool of qualified candidates. The process is open to all qualified candidates and does not require that applicants be employed at UW–Madison.
State of Wisconsin Adjusted Continuous Service
Student Achievement Measure (College Portrait)
Submit Administrative Hold Response
Submit Deferral Response
Submit Issues Response
Submit Modification Response
Submit Modification Review Notes
Submit Request to Reactivate
Submit Request to Reopen
Submit Study Completion Report