UW-Madison Google Workspace - Contacting the Owner of a Google Group
This document details how to contact the owner of a Google group
There are a couple of different methods for contacting the group owner of a Google Group. Certain methods may not work depending on the group's settings, so be sure to try another method if one doesn't work.
Contacting the group owner through email
- When sending the email, append "+owner" to the group name in the email address. The email should look something like this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting the group owner through Google Groups site
- Go to the Google Groups management site.
- Search for the group name at the top of the page.
- If not already added to the group, "All Groups and Messages" must be selected from the drop down menu in the search bar.
- If there are multiple groups matching the search, select the "more groups" option.
- After the selecting the correct group, choose to "contact owners and managers" either using the button at the top of the page or the link in the center.
- Use the message form to send a message to the owner/administrator of the group.