Topics Map > Graduate Student Tracking System
Topics Map > Training for Coordinators
GSTS - Exceptions: Requirement Waiver
This document goes over how to make a requirement waiver exception in a Graduate Student Tracking System (GSTS) report.
- Follow these instructions to navigate to the GSTS Exceptions Tool page in SIS: https://kb.wisc.edu/grad/113844
- This is the Requirement Wavier page where you can waive the number of credits (units) and/or number of courses that are required for a section of the report. You can ignore the Requirement Waiver Type section at the top of the page. This will auto populate with correct values as you fill out other fields.
- Enter in a description of the of the exception you are making. Note that anything entered in the Long Description field will show up on the student’s report.
- Using the drop down menus indicate the specific section of the report you would like to waive. As you make your selection the information will auto populate into the bottom section.
Note: It may be helpful to refer to the student’s advisement report for the specific section titles.
- After entering all the information and reviewing things, click Save.
- When you are returned to the Authorize Student Exceptions page you won’t see any information at first. Then click the Submit button, to post the exception and it will show up in the list of exceptions.
Note that other previously submitted exceptions will show up in the list.
- To see the exception on the student’s report click on the Advisement Report hyperlink to open a refreshed version of the report in a new window. The section that you waived will still show up on the student’s report. It will show up as closed when you first open the report, but when you expand it by clicking on the arrow next to the title the section will be marked as “Waived” and the text that was entered in the Long Description field on the Requirement Waiver page will be displayed.