COVID-19 Graduate School Operations
Graduate School in-person services are available.
The front desk at 217 Bascom Hall is currently staffed from 10:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday. During these hours, the front desk is open for walk-in visitors and telephone calls (608-262-2433). Inquiries can also be directed to the main email account (email@example.com). Beginning August 23, new hours for the front desk will be 9:00am to 4:00 Monday through Friday.
New international graduate students are encouraged to submit final official transcripts electronically. Students should send the transcript form along with their transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All forms are now all acceptable only through electronic submission. Paper forms should no longer be sent to 217 Bascom. Instructions for electronic submission are available in the Graduate School KnowledgeBase: grade change forms, course change requests, and withdrawals.
Degree completion processes are all electronic, including prelim and degree warrants and master’s thesis deposits. Doctoral students who wish to have an optional, virtual pre-check should email the doctoral degree coordinator at email@example.com.
Our most frequently used service email accounts are listed below.
- Academic Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions: email@example.com
- Data: firstname.lastname@example.org (For requests, use the data request intake form.)
- Funding: email@example.com
- Travel Grants: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions and I20 processing
- Admissions and fellowships deferment
- Admissions decisions flexibility encouraged
- Doctoral time limit extension
- Enrollment options for international students
- Paper enrollment change forms
- Paper grade changes
- Prelim and degree warrants
- Master's thesis deposits
Communication to graduate students and programs, regarding COVID-19, are being compiled in the KB as well.
This page will be updated, so check back regularly. It is intended for graduate program use. Please refer students to grad.wisc.edu/covid19.