COVID-19 Graduate School Operations
In response to campus guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the UW–Madison Graduate School is continuing operations via email and phone.
Graduate School services are all currently available. The virtual front desk will be staffed from 10:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday. During these hours, you can expect timely response to email (email@example.com), telephone (608-262-2433), and voice mail, and the same level of service that would be provided face-to-face.
New international graduate students are encouraged to submit final official transcripts electronically. Students should send the transcript form along with their transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All forms are now all acceptable only through electronic submission. Paper forms should no longer be sent to 217 Bascom. Instructions for electronic submission are available in the Graduate School KnowledgeBase: grade change forms, course change requests, and withdrawals.
Degree completion processes are all electronic, including prelim and degree warrants and master’s thesis deposits. Doctoral students who wish to have an optional, virtual pre-check should email the doctoral degree coordinator at email@example.com.
Our most frequently used service email accounts are listed below.
- Academic Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions: email@example.com
- Data: firstname.lastname@example.org (For requests, use the data request intake form.)
- Funding: email@example.com
- Travel Grants: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions and I20 processing
- Admissions and fellowships deferment
- Admissions decisions flexibility encouraged
- Dissertation/thesis defenses and other milestone activities
- Doctoral time limit extension
- Paper enrollment change forms
- Paper grade changes
- Prelim and degree warrants
- Master's thesis deposits
Communication to graduate students and programs, regarding COVID-19, are being compiled in the KB as well.
This page will be updated, so check back regularly. It is intended for graduate program use. Please refer students to grad.wisc.edu/covid19.