This document describes an Online Orientation Template available to graduate programs for use for the fall 2020 semester.
This template, created by the Division of Continuing Studies (DCS) in collaboration with the Graduate School, includes:
- an orientation framework that programs can modify as needed to fit their needs
- university information and central resources for graduate students
- placeholders for programs to enter information specific to their areas
An information session video, question and answer, and slides are available here:
- Video: https://mediaspace.wisc.edu/media/PDC+CoP+Fortnightly+Check-inA+The+Online+Graduate+Student+Orientation+Template/1_rhw04zlv
- Q&A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GaWyh3-v2066SgcMntPBlRYbNSfxYSA8/view
- PowerPoint slides: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbVMqt0uFmMZOa7JaUdiWXLItCspiLR-/view?usp=sharing
- Note that slides 8 and 9 of the PowerPoint above, as well as the instructions documents, below, describe how to request access to the Canvas course and how to import/download the template for use.
Instructions for using the template:
- 101 programs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/112_1MxfxuSa6BuynLnv60TalspWOP4QY/view?usp=sharing
- 131 programs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zfPW83AGqwPelaMHuLWgv-xaJdE5069z/view?usp=sharing
To request a Canvas Course: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4MYqFyHtdARb8tD
- Questions or feedback - Alissa Oleck Alissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical questions about setting up the course in Canvas - Ian Muehlenhaus email@example.com