GSTS - Looking up Career Number and Academic Program for Assigning Milestones
This document serves as supplemental information for assigning milestones. If you have a student with more than one career number and more than one Academic Program code an you are unsure which to select follow these instructions.
When assigning milestones, if you have a student with more than one career number and more than one Academic Program code and you are unsure which one to choose (see example below) follow these instructions.
- When you are on the Add a New Value tab of the milestones page click on New Window in the upper right corner of the page. This should open up a new tab in your browser.Note: DO NOT close the Student Milestones tab in your browser.
- In the new tab use the breadcrumbs, NavBar, or Home button to navigate back to the Student Records WorkCenter.
- On the left hand side of the screen select Student Program/Plan, and search for the student using the available fields.
- You might be able to determine which career number and Academic Plan code to select on the Student Milestones page from the Search Results alone by looking at the Student Career Nbr and the Program Short Descr columns.
- Otherwise, if you need more information click on the different rows in the Search Results (remember to write down the career number you are looking at), and use the different tabs to determine which career number to select.
- Return to the Student Milestones tab in your browser and select the desired career number and Academic Plan code using the magnifying glass look-up.
- Continue with Step 8 of GSTS - Assigning Milestones.