Guidance for Accessing and Updating Training Grant Directory Information
The Training Grant Directory is a tool that provides information on training grant programs, including associated faculty and administrative program roles.
Training Grant Directory is available here:https://traininggrants.grad.wisc.edu/Directory/
To access the directory, you must login with NetID.
Training Grant Administrators are expected to keep Training Grant Directory roles and program information up-to-date at all times.
The training grants represented in the Directory are Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) training grants administered by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and Health Resources and Services Administration and non-NRSA NIH training grants at UW–Madison.
Live contact info – The Directory relies on current campus data for names and contact information.
Faculty Trainer lists – Each training grant provides faculty lists. This is useful for training grant programs for faculty trainer. The Office of Training Grant Support also uses this list when it provides NIH data table 3 for training programs submitting new or competitive renewal applications.
Enhanced Search – The Directory allows the campus community (NetID required) to search a variety of criteria, including program, role, name and more. Individuals with a training grant program role and campus partners with a business need are able to export search lists for easy emailing or as an Excel spreadsheet.
Training Grant info – The Directory provides general information on each training grant program, including website URL, grant number, trainee levels, and more.
Navigating the Home Page:
On the home page you’ll see the following options:
Search Directory – allows you to search the training grant directory using various criteria
View All Training Grants – allows you to see a list of all active training grants and view information on each grant
KB Link – takes you to a Knowledge Base article detailing how to use the Training Grant Directory
Administer My Training Grants (for administrators only) – allows training grant administers to view a list of their associated training grants and make updates
Steps for using the Search Directory and Export Features:
- For direct access to the Search Directory, login with NetID at https://traininggrants.grad.wisc.edu/Directory/Search
- A page listing search options will open. The search options include Training Grant Program(s), Role(s), School & College(s), Trainee Type(s), PhD Program(s), Last name, First Name and more.
- Once you input your search functions click ‘Search Training Grant Directory’.
- To clear your search, simply click the blue button ‘Clear Filters’ at the top left-hand side above the search options.
- For individuals with a training grant program role and campus partners with a business need: To export the search result information, check the boxes on the left side of the search results of the individuals you wish to export. If you want to select all the individuals populated, check the top left box. You can then export the information by clicking one of two green buttons either ‘Download Excel’ or ‘Download Email List’.
Note: Regarding the search output:
- ‘Role’ column pertains to the role an individual has in the training grant program.
- ‘Additional Training Grants’ column is a list of training grant programs the faculty listed are listed as a faculty trainer.
- ‘PhD Program’ is a list of PhD Programs that faculty are a member of. This data is pulled from the Graduate School’s Unit Directory.
Steps for updating training grant information for Training Grant Administrators:
- Login with NetID at https://traininggrants.grad.wisc.edu/Directory/
- Select Administer My Training Grants
- Locate your training grant program.
- In the last column there will be two options: ‘Edit Training Grant’ and ‘Edit Roles’.
- Under ‘Edit Training Grant’ you will be able to make program website URL and slot count updates.
- Under ‘Edit Roles’, you will be able to make faculty role and administrative role updates.
- For each administrative role, use the blue +Add Person button to assign people to each role. Please note, the Program Director Principal Investigator (Contact PD/PI) and Training Grant Administrator roles are required. All other administrative program roles available are optional for programs who identify with these roles.
- Faculty trainer lists are required. To add faculty trainers, use the +Add Person to the Faculty Trainer section.
Description of training grant program roles:TrainingGrantDirectoryRoles.pdf
*While program roles and information should be up-to-date at all times. The Office of Training Support will contact training grant programs and request faculty trainer roles and slot count information be confirmed and up-to-date by April 1st, August 1st and December 1st. These deadlines ensure data is current and timely for curating NIH data table 3 for programs submitting for new and/or renewal applications at the standard grant deadlines (May 25th, September 25th and January 25th).
Note: Training Grant Administrators leaving their role must assign someone to the Training Grant Administrator role. In cases where there may be a gap in finding a permanent person, please identify an individual to serve in an interim capacity and/or give your training grant PI/PD the role until a permanent person has been chosen.
If you have any questions, please contact Mallory Musolf (firstname.lastname@example.org).