Topics Map > Graduate Program Resources > Graduate Funding > Fellowships
Topics Map > Graduate Program Resources > Graduate Funding > Tuition Remission
Tuition Remission Policy for Students with External Fellowships
Selected external fellowships are administered and supported financially by the Graduate School.
Students who have been awarded other external fellowships or traineeships from federal agencies (with the exception of NIH/NRSA fellowships), professional organizations, or private foundations are eligible to receive remission of the non-resident portion of their tuition under the following conditions:
- The fellow/trainee is payrolled through the university (i.e., not paid directly by an agency or foundation); and
- The stipend paid to the fellow/trainee is at or above the stipend of a 33.3% Research Assistant.
For 2017-2018, those rates are as follows:
If both of the above criteria are met, the non-resident portion of the student’s tuition can be remitted by the Graduate School upon request by the program/department.
- Annual appointment basis: $14,573
- Academic appointment basis: $11,923
- Semester appointment basis: $5,961
Graduate Program Coordinators and Administrators can download and complete a Fellowship Information Form to request non-resident tuition remission for students in their program who have external fellowships administered through the university. The form should be sent via email attachment to: email@example.com.