Topics Map > Research Policy and Compliance > Export Control > Forms
Export Control Guidance Documents, Templates and Reports
This page contains several Export Control guidance documents and templates as linked PDFs.
- Basic Export Guidance — This document summarizes the export control and customs regulations for shipping items out of the United States, including hand-carrying items.
- Encryption and Export Control (Guidance on) — This document describes when encryption products are regulated under Export Controls, and what exceptions are available to persons exporting encryption equipment or software.
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (Guidance on) — This document provides information on how to comply with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (regarding bribery).
- Project Assessment Process Summary — This one-pager provides a high level description of the Project Assessment Process, including the implementation date, why we are doing this and resources.
- Restricted Parties (Guidance Document on Interactions with) — This document provides information on how to interact with persons or organizations on which the U.S. government has placed regulatory restrictions.
- Software Guidance — This document provides a comprehensive list of software that is controlled under the ITAR and EAR, including references to the applicable USML categories and ECCNs.
- Chain of Custody Template — This template describes the information that should be included in a Chain of Custody Procedure when required in an export license for shipping biological agents.
- Technology Control Plan Template— This document is a template for a Technology Control Plan for security when dealing with controlled items/software.
- Technology Control Plan-AppendixAB — This document contains the Appendices to the Technology Control Plan.
- Conference Survey Results 2016 — This document contains the results of the 2016 Export Control Survey conducted at the Export Controls in Higher Education conference.
- Conference Survey Results 2017 — This document contains the results of the 2017 Export Control Survey conducted at the Export Controls in Higher Education conference.