Topics Map > Graduate Program Resources > Communications and Connections > Graduate Coordinator Meetings
Fall 2013 Graduate Program Coordinator Meeting Notes
The Graduate School will open up e-warrant testing to more users this fall. If you would like to volunteer as a tester contact Michelle Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Coordinators will receive information on how the Graduate School will proceed with e-warrants at a future date. There will be online tutorials and instructions when we go live. An additional note, the Graduate School will be will be testing the masters exit survey for employment in e-warrants.
Website update and online resources for Graduate Program
The redesigned Graduate School website is scheduled to go live some time in November. We've been put the finishing touches on the pages and conducting usability testing with various groups on campus. We will be in contact soon with tips/screenshots for finding what you need in the new site. Feel free to explore the test site in the meantime, but please keep in mind it is a work in progress! General feedback is welcome. Contact Kathi Matthews-Risley at email@example.com with comments. The URL is: http://wwwtest.grad.wisc.edu/.
We've also been identifying content to be moved into the Graduate School Knowledge Base or KB. Much of the information for graduate programs you now find on the web will be moved into the KB.
This KB is an essential resource for graduate programs. In it you will find information about:
- Academic assessment and planning (e.g. program reviews and approvals)
- Communications and connections (e.g. who to call in the Graduate School, CoordLink newsletters, policy updates, graduate coordinator meeting minutes)
- Graduate student recruitment (e.g. GPAS training video, recruitment manual, recruitment brochures and templates, Graduate School partnerships)
- Graduate student admissions (e.g. applicant records review and evaluation process, international admissions information, application fee grants, student status check)
- Enrolled graduate student information and procedures (e.g. satisfactory academic progress, dissertator information)
- Graduate student funding (e.g. handbook on administering graduate student appointments, tuition remission information for external fellowships, University Fellowships information)
- Graduate degree completion (e.g. dissertation deposit procedures, completion letters, warrant/e-warrant process)
- Campus data resources and tools (e.g. campus data collections, Query Library information, profiles)
- Skills and professional development for graduate coordinators (e.g. links to Graduate School Seminar Series, OHRD, Career Development Facilitator Training)
Click here to visit the Graduate School Administrative KnowledgeBase.
Graduate Program Handbook Template
The Graduate School has developed a working-draft Graduate Program handbook template to be used as a resource for those graduate programs that do not yet have a handbook, as well as a referential resource for those programs that have already developed a handbook (click here for the draft.) The template is a working draft in progress; if you have any suggestions for additions or feedback, please email the content area section consultants, listed at the end of each section within the template. If you are interested in volunteering to be a part of a focus group that may meet multiple time with Graduate School section consultants to discuss, suggest and strengthen content areas within the template that may benefit from expansion, please email Jennifer Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coaching Network - Sharon Kahn, Deb McFarlane, Angel Thorp
The Graduate Program Coordinator Planning committee is proposing a coaching network. Our plan is to poll current coordinators to find individuals who would be willing to answer questions and generally lend a hand to new coordinators as they navigate the sometimes confusing world of the work we do. Watch for this poll in the next month or so!