Topics Map > Campus Services > My UW-Madison
HRS - Unable to print Tax, Leave, and Benefits Statements in Adobe Reader
When attempting to print the Leave Statement, Benefits Statement, Tax Statement, and other Work Record data from My UW, users of Adobe Reader 9 on Mac OS X may encounter problems.
Errors include "This document can not be printed" and "No pages are selected" despite the fact that the statements appear correctly in Adobe Reader.
There are two options for printing these documents for users who are affected:
Print as an image in Adobe Reader
- Open the statement in Adobe Reader as you normally would.
Go to File > Print to open the print dialog, and click the dropdown arrow beside the printer name.
Click on Advanced....
Check the option to Print as image and click OK.
- Click Print to print the statement.
Open the PDF with Preview
- Right-click (or hold control and click) on the statement you are trying to print.
- Choose "Save Link As..." and save the file on your computer.
- Browse to wherever you saved the file you just downloaded
- Right Click (or hold control and click) on the file which you just saved select Open With > Preview.
- Once the statement appears, go to File > Print and print like you normally would.