Topics Map > Self Help/Limited Support
Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Virus
Virus Information Center
This document provides general information about virus prevention and removal. Information about DoIT's Virus Rescue Service and Security Team (aka BadgIRT) is also provided.
General Virus Information
Learn more about computer viruses and how they operate.
Get protected! DoIT has negotiated a software license which allows current UW-Madison faculty, staff and students to download Symantec AntiVirus for free.
- Download Symantec AntiVirus Free! (Available to all university faculty, staff and students)
- Virus Prevention Tips
Learn how to use anti-virus software to help you recover from virus infections.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Windows Vista, 7, 8, & 10) - Installation Instructions
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Win) - Running Live Update
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Win) - Running a Full Virus Scan
- [Link for document 9346 is unavailable at this time.]
- Performing an On-Line Virus Scan with Housecall
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 (Mac OS X 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13) - Installation Instructions
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Mac) - Running LiveUpdate
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Mac) - Running a Full Virus Scan