Topics Map > Campus Services > WiscMail
Topics Map > Campus Services > Backup & Storage > UW-Madison Google Apps
UW-Madison Google Workspace - Using UW-Madison Google Workspace with an Office 365 Service Account
This document explains how to log into UW-Madison Google Workspace using an Office 365 Service Account.
By default, the only university email account guaranteed under the UW-Madison Google Workspace agreement is NetID@wisc.edu. See UW-Madison Google Workspace - What types of accounts are eligible? for more information.
Faculty and staff who primarily use an Office 365 account may prefer to use this account in conjunction with UW-Madison Google Workspace. For this to be possible, the entire department's Office 365 domain will need to enter into UW-Madison's privacy agreement with Google Workspace.
- If an account's domain is enabled for Google Workspace, then it can be accessed via NetID login. See UW-Madison Google Workspace - Log in.
- A NetID must be linked to an account before it can access the account in Google Workspace. If your NetID needs to be linked to an account, please contact the administrator for your account's domain.
- For Office 365 service accounts, web login can be used to access an account directly if the feature is enabled for the account. For more information, see how to log in to the Service Account using the Service Account credentials.
- If your domain is not already authorized, attempts to log into UW-Madison Google Workspace using an Office 365 service account will result in the following error message:
"Your domain is not active for Google Workspace applications.
Please contact you local domain administrator."
- Contact your local domain administrator to find out if your domain is enabled for Google Workspace. Not sure who your administrator is? Contact the DoIT Help Desk to find out.