Topics Map > Campus Services > WiscList
WiscList Classlist - Unable to Send to a Classlist
This document outlines what to do if you are unable to see or send to your Classlist.
Default List Email Address
Classlists are populated with an email address provided by the Curricular and Academic Operational Data Store (CAOS) - formerly called the Curricular Hub. UW-Madison doesn't have a central 'use this email for everything' so CAOS uses complex logic to select which email address to use. If the wrong email address is being used by default check these places:
- Instructors(most often TAs) who are also students, will always have their email@example.com email address set as they are unable to change their student email address and it will be preferred.
- To change your O365 primary address please see Office 365 - Change your Primary Address.
- To update your business email address in the portal, refer to Campus Business Email Address for Human Resources System (Madison only).
- To update your SIS email address please talk to your department.
If you often send messages from an email address other than the one assigned to your Classlist(s), you may want to add that email account as a Guest Instructor, please see WiscList Classlist - Add or Remove Guest Students and Instructors.
There are a number of reasons you may be unable to send to a Classlist. The list could be disabled, it's posting security may be preventing you from sending, or the address you are sending from may not be a registered member of the Classlist. These settings can be changed using the procedures outlined in the following documents:
- To enable a list, please see WiscList Classlist - Enabling a List / Enabling Many Lists.
- To change a list's posting security, refer to WiscList Classlist - Posting Security.
Classlist delivery times are affected by the number of people using the system. For an estimate of the current delay, please click here.
If you are still unable to send to your Classlist, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.