Topics Map > Campus Services > My UW-Madison
My UW-Madison - Service Description
This document gives an overview of My UW-Madison.
My UW-Madison provides students, faculty and staff with an easy-to-use, secure gateway to online information. More than just another Web site, My UW-Madison offers an impressive array of personalized services that can enhance instruction for students and faculty and boost productivity for staff.
Anyone with a valid NetID and password can access My UW-Madison from any computer, whether on-campus or off-campus. If you do not have a NetID, please see our document:
NetID Activating Account.
Note: Applicants can also access a limited view of the portal in order to access the Student Center.
Notable features of My UW-Madison include:
- Links to email and calendar, allowing users to communicate and schedule via their web browser.
- Access to news, campus events, weather, and campus links.
- Student Center allows students to enroll in classes, monitor the status of their financial aid application, review their course grid, and check on fines or holds.
- Faculty and staff can use Web-based applications to do their instructional and administrative work.
- Ability to "customize" the page (drag and drop widgets, add favorite widgets, etc...)
- Research tab with research-oriented modules.
For a complete list of features and options within My UW, see DoIT's My UW-Madison Page.
The DoIT Help Desk provides support for My UW-Madison users who meet the following conditions:
- User has a valid NetID.
- User is accessing My UW-Madison with a recommended web browser. See MyUW - Recommended Browsers.
My UW-Madison is available to all students, faculty, and staff with a valid NetID. It can be accessed at http://my.wisc.edu/.