Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Applications > Email Clients
Office 365 - Thunderbird - Remove an attachment from an email
An attachment is a file that is sent along with an email message. Although the web client cannot remove an attachment from an email, Thunderbird has the ability to detach an attachment from an email without deleting the message. See below for instructions.
Important: Using the Detach feature in Thunderbird will permanently remove the attachment from the message. The attachment will not longer be accessible using Thunderbird, the web client, or any other email client.
Remove an attachment from a message:
- Open the message containing the attachment(s).
- A summary of the attachments will appear at the bottom of the message.
- Right-click the attachment and select Detach...
- You will be prompted to select a local location to save the attachment.
Remove all attachments from a message:
- Open the message containing the attachments.
- Go to Message | Attachments menu and select Detach All...