Topics Map > Campus Services > My UW-Madison
MyUW - Using the Bookmarks Module
The My Bookmarks app allows a My UW-Madison user to store internet site links in My UW-Madison. These links are then available from any computer that can access My UW-Madison. The My Bookmarks app can be found by searching for "My Bookmarks". The app can be launched for the search results page, or added to the homepage for easier access in the future.
- To add a bookmark, click the "Add Bookmark" link within the My Bookmarks module.
- The module expands. Enter the name of the bookmark, the URL of the website, and any comments you may have on the site (optional). You may also select the folder in which to add the bookmark. Click Save when finished.
Note: Bookmarks appear with a green bookmark icon next to them.
- Click the "Add Folder" link within the My Bookmarks module.
- Enter the name of the folder, any notes for the folder, and use the "Create in folder:" drop down box to create nested folders. Click Save when finished.
Note: Folders appear with a folder icon next to them.
Editing / Deleting Bookmarks
- Click the pencil icon next to a folder or bookmark to edit the name, URL, or location of the folder or bookmark.
- Click the "X" icon next to the folder or bookmark to delete the folder or bookmark.
Note: Deleting a folder deletes all bookmarks and other folders contained within that folder. These cannot be restored.
Use the "Options" link in the My Bookmarks module to define folder behavior within My UW-Madison. Folders can start always open, always closed, or the folder state can be preserved meaning folders that are open when you exit My UW are open when you log back in, folders that are closed when you exit My UW are closed when you log back in.