Topics Map > Campus Services > Office 365
Microsoft 365 (Office for Windows) - Unable to Install
During the installation of Office, you receive "Click-to-Run" installer error and you are unable to proceed with the installation.
As stated in the error, the installer of this version of Office is incompatible with the previously installed version (listed within the error) on your computer. This scenario occurs if both of these are true:
- The previous installation of Office came from the Campus Software Library (CSL).
- The version you are installing is being installed from your Office 365 account.
The recommended solution is to uninstall the previous version of Office and then install the version of Office from your Office 365 account. Do the following:
Important: you will need administrative access to your computer to perform all the steps - if you do not have this, please contact your administrator. Also, backup any data you have.
- If you had not already done so, click Close to quit out of the Office installation error screen.
- Uninstall the previous version of Office - you may need to restart your computer after the uninstall completes.
- Install the new version of Office from within your Office 365 account.