Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning > Kaltura
Kaltura - Time-Based Commenting (UW-Madison)
This tutorial explains how to add a timestamp in the comment section of any media that you are viewing.
While viewing media, you can set a time stamp to jump to certain points of the video in the comment section.
- Play the media to the point you would like to add a comment to. In this example we've played the video to the :04 second mark.
- Locate the Comments field under the media item and add your comment.
- Click the Add comment at 00:00 checkbox. This will be a timestamp of wherever you've played the video to. Alternately you can add a timestamp wherever you want in a comment by inserting the text [00:00] being the time in the video you want.
- Click the Add button:
Once this has been added to the comments section, you along with other viewers can click on the "[0:04]" (or whatever time you entered) to navigate to that point in the video. A comment with a timestamp will look something like this:
- The media item may need to be playing before you use the timestamps in the comments section, or it will appear as if you have just refreshed the page.
- Some videos are slightly off-time, so timestamps may jump to a slightly delayed point in the video. For example, [0:54] may jump to [0:56]