Topics Map > Campus Services > WiscList > WiscList Custom
WiscList (Advanced) - Changing Message Header and Footer
WiscList list administrators can automatically append and prepend a header and/or footer to every list message.
Note: When a message has been digitally signed with a PKI certificate (see here for more info about PKI certificates), the list-configured footer is left off of the message even if the list has been configured to always include one.
- Log into the WiscList ListManager interface. See: WiscList - Advanced List Management (List Manager).
- Verify the list you want to work with is selected. See: WiscList (Advanced) - Working with Multiple Lists.
- Click the Utilities button in the left-hand navigational menu to open the Utilities submenu.
- Highlight List Settings, then click E-mail Submitted Content.
- Verify you are under the Message Wrapping tab.
- Enter the information you'd like placed in the header of every message sent to the list under Prepend to beginning of every message.
- Enter the information you'd like placed in the footer of every message sent to the list under Append to end of every message.
The default footer (which may not be displayed) is:
You are currently subscribed to %%list.name%% as: %%emailaddr%%.
To unsubscribe click here: %%url.unsub%%
or send a blank email to %%email.unsub%%
Note: The tags surrounded by "%%" are mail-merge tags that automatically insert recipient-specific information. We advise not modifying the content of these tags. Entering a custom footer will remove the default footer. If you want to use mail-merge tags in your custom footer, make sure they appear exactly as they do in the default footer. If you want to restore the default footer, copy and paste the above code into the interface.
- You may have an option to supply both text and HTML versions of the list footers and headers. Make sure to duplicate what you have in each version. Some of your list subscribers will view the plain text version and some will view the HTML version, depending on their preferences.
- Click Save.