Topics Map > Campus Services > Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra - Overview (UW-Madison)
One stop shop for everything Blackboard Collaborate Ultra-related on UW-Madison's campus. Resources are organized by role and interest, browse to find specific documents to help you out with everything from a product overview to step-by-step getting started instructions.
For a product overview of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, please click here.
- Want to know what web conferencing software to use? Here is a comparison chart for Ultra, Classic, Adobe Connect and Google Hangouts.
- How to create and edit Ultra sessions in your Canvas courses.
- Accessing Recordings: At any time, before and after a recording is made, instructors can change recording settings in a session to allow a recording to be downloaded.
- Getting started with Ultra (Get familiar with layout and features, Use Audio/Video, Telephony, Profile Pic).
- Learn what, and how you can share (Application Sharing, Screen sharing, powerpoint, whiteboard, content editing tools, timer)
- Learn more about Ultra and accessibility (including Live Closed Captioning).
- How to manage attendees (including role permissions and session attendance report)
- To manage guest participants, see "Allow Guests", here.
- How to access Ultra in Canvas. (Note: Students cannot set up Ultra web conferencing sessions, they can only join conferences set up by their instructors)
- How to access Ultra in via My UW
- How to access Ultra from a mobile device
- Web Browsers that support Ultra. (Chrome works best)
- Getting Started with Ultra (Audio/video set up, Profile pictures, Finding your way around, and Ultra tools and features).
- For step-by-step instructions on how to call into an Ultra session, please click here.
- For a quick-reference sheet of best practices for using Ultra, please click here.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems with Ultra, click here for trouble shooting and to get help.